Hey ya’ll! Hope everyone is having an amazing Tuesday because I sure know that I am. I haven’t done a top ten list in FOREVER. What is wrong with me? Usually I black out. Probably hitting the booze too hard. Just kidding. I usually fall asleep early then forget about doing a post on tuesday night. However, this tuesday I’m going to rock your world. Yes, rock. I’m in a super hyper mode because the men’s basketball team just won in a super close and important game, and I won a prize! I seriously never win anything, so I’m super happy. What will today’s topic be? Hmmm. After thinking long and hard. Haha. For ten seconds. I’m going to write about the top then things that I’m excited for. Hopefully this will bring a sunshine to everyone’s rainy cloud of finals over his or her head (yeah mostly hers because I know chicks dig my blog). Lets do this thing.
Top Ten Things That I’m Super Excited For (in no particular order because seriously that would be unfair to judge):
10. I’m going to start a food organization on campus with one of my super good friends. It’s gonna be so legit. The focus will be on special diets/healthy eating since I eat Gluten Free and she is a Vegan. With our combined power of awesomeness, we will take over campus and be THE group to join. I have a lot of creative ideas brewing in my head that involve delicious dinners, trips to the farmers market, and volunteering at a local produce or organic farm. Who wouldn’t want to join a group like that? Talking about food and eating are pretty much my life hobbies.
9. SEWING. I’m not sure if I told you or not, but I took a three week sewing class for beginners. We learned how to make a pillow, a bag, and a skirt. It was epic. Now I’m going to be on Project Runway and win. Lets not get ahead of ourselves because I still need to do some more practice on garment sewing, but that is what I plan to do over break once I get back from my super sweet trip. I also plan on buying fabulous fabric while in NYC because I want only the best for the best (me…duh).
Yes, my pillow is super cute. Plus it is food related. It seems that I can’t get away from food in my life. I guess that is a good thing since I’m a nutrition major. Also cherries are one of my favorite fruits. Especially because studies have shown that they help reduce inflammation and aid with arthritis. That is an awesome side effect of eating a delicious fruit if I do say so myself!
8. Hannukah. I’m celebrating the beloved holiday in the Holy Land, Israel. I hope people go nuts because I will. I’ll wear a tacky Hannukah sweater…I don’t think they make those, so I’ll have to make my own. Then I’ll go to all the bars in Jerusalem or wherever we are at the time, bust a move, and convince all the sexy Israeli men that I am the one for them. Hopefully there won’t be too many fights over me. A couple are okay, but damn boys you need to slow your roll.
7. New Pans! My mom got my an early present by buying me some much needed pans. My old ones were apparently super cheap and were turning black. They also burned everything, and when I cooked anything, even on low temp, I would hit the smoke point and in 5 seconds my apartment would be entirely filled with a smokey haze. It was disgusting. Now I have these nice kitchenaid pans. Great for anything. Love sauteing veggies in them.
6. Money, money, money. MONEY. Really? Are ya’ll even surprised? The Jew in me. Happens everytime. First off, my friend that I helped out with a paper or two decided to repay me through the lovely surprise of giftcards and wine. Heck I’ll just take the wine, I need it, but if you want to give me money too I’m not going to complain. One giftcard was to bath and bodyworks. THANK YOU. The other was to Specs, which is an alcoholics heaven. A warehouse of alcohol. Not that I drink or anything. They also have a deli and food products too. I haven’t used that one, but bath and body works. Oh yes. I bought me some wall plugs, so now while I’m writing this post in my room I’m surrounded by the sweet smell of oatmeal raisin cookies. I love life. Oh and I won a $25 giftcard to HEB. I’m seriously winning in life right now. Too bad I literally just got groceries.
5. My future roomie. She is probably one of the best people I have met since moving back to Texas. I would not survive without her. We are actually pretty much the same person, I’m just ridiciously vulgar and inappropriate and she puts up with it. She is the one I’m doing the food group with. Just so you know how awesome we are, our theme song is All I do is Win by DJ Khaled. Anyways, she is so amazing that I don’t even live with her yet and she already cooks for me. Hello and welcome to Top Chef apartment, the healthy version.
It is a wee bit blurry. Blame it on the Iphone. I didn’t have my camera on me, but she made me tofu in this peanut sauce mixed with broccoli and rice. It was seriously bangin. Spicy and sweet. My favorite combination. She even loves me so much that when I busted out my phone to take a picture she didn’t say a word. Yes for roomie understanding. I seriously can’t wait for next year. It is going to be epic.
4. Texas fight! One of my true loves in life is Texas Volleyball and right now we are ranked number 1 in the NCAA Volleyball Championship tournament. I got to go to the first two games, and we owned. I’m so excited, yet nervous, for this weekend because I want them to win, win, win. Sometimes they have rough days, plus one of their best players is out, so each game is like a new day, but I have faith in them. Just worried about the Penn state game because we have history.
3. Winter. Finally cold weather has hit Texas. Seriously, where have you been for the past month while I’ve been sweating to death? Most people think I’m crazy. Mainly because people in Texas can’t handle the cold since they didn’t live in crazy blizzard land Boston. I would much rather be cold than hot for many reasons. Sweating is just not sexy. Seriously. Plus it makes you smell bad, especially for those that aren’t wearing deodorant (you would be surprised, I know). In the cold, you can have a snuggle buddy and not want to push them off the bed for making too much body heat. Yummy beverages. Really we can stop there because those two reasons are good enough.
2. New York. I am jumping for joy. I can’t wait to explore the gluten free bakeries like babycakes, and even enjoy some non-gluten foods like dim sum (even if I will have nasty side effects – I’m in New York, so who really cares). Shopping. I have been saving up all my money to hit up the wonderful stores there. Forever21 in Times Square. Yes, I am talking to you. I will destroy you, I’m just hoping other people haven’t destroyed it because that is my one complaint about Forever21′s they are so gross. Plus I will be wearing this amazing coat while there, so nothing can ruin my trip.
It is sort of hard to see since I just realized two of my lightbulbs have burned out, but it is a BCBG grey peacoat with black accents and black bows. Super cute.
And the number 1 thing that I’m excited about is….
1. My trip to Israel. Um duh. Like you didn’t see that one coming. We just got the itenrary like a day ago, and it made me pee my pants with excitement (okay not really, but you get the picture). We are going camel riding, floating in the Dead Sea, hiking up Masada, exploring the largest open air food market in Israel, visit a winery, and umm going out at night. Let me be honest with you. I’m mainly excited to search for my Jewish husband. Maybe I’ll find one, but if not I always have my eyes open. The most interesting part of the trip will probably be sleeping in a tent in the desert. Yes, desert. Where will we go pee? I don’t know, but I’m looking forward to those adventures.
Hope everyone is having a great week (hard for most people since everyone is probably studying for finals and what not), but heck join the happy party and celebrate something.
What are you excited for?
Are you going on any fun trips for winterbreak?